With youth farmers and women power Jharkhand moving forward: Raghubar

Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das said that with the combined strength of youth farmers and women power Jharkhand was moving ahead and even the UNDP report has said that the state was coming rapidly out of poverty.

Addressing the Palamu division meeting of Ujjwala Didis where he also distributed free second refill of LPG cylinders Mr Das said that for the empowerment of the youth domicile policy was launched so that they can get priority in 3rd and 4th grade jobs and said that the state government was creating jobs for them in public as well as private sector so that they become economically strong and stand on their feet. He said that before 2014 there was problem-related to LPG cylinders in the country but things have changed in 2019.

He said that five years ago the LPG connections in the state was 16.80 lakh which has now increased to 54.40 lakh whereas in Palamu division the percentage of connections was 13.60 which has increased to 78.52 percent mainly due to Ujjwala Yojana however this scheme will be further extended to 10 lakh more beneficiaries in the state. He said that apart from the state government the 773 Ujjwala Didis in Palamu will also help in ensuring the reach of a cylinder in every home.

He said that a New India and New Jharkhand will only be created if the women power becomes strong and to empower them the central government provided them with LPG cylinders under Ujjwala Yojana and taking the work forward the state government was giving free of cost gas stoves and two refill of cylinders.

Mr Das said that the state government has commenced steps to make the Palamu area free from drought and after completion of Mandal Dam and Soan River project in future Palamu will overcome the problem of droughts.

Former Union Health Minister JP Nadda said Ujjwala Yojana was a unique scheme which shows the policies and intentions of the government.

He said that earlier politics use to take place over gas cylinders but now it can be proudly claimed that things have changed. He said that the number of Ujjwala Yojana beneficiaries in the country has reached to 8 crores.

Mr Nadda said that in Jharkhand the government is giving free stove and cylinders which is laudable. He said that in the entire state maximum benefits of Ujjwala Yojana has reached to people of Palamu which is almost 90 percent and the remaining 10 percent will be done by Ujjwala Didi.

Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda said through this scheme smoke-free energy is being provided to the people. He said that the state government is providing a gas stove and refill of a cylinder which is a symbol of a sensitive and educated working system. He said that the central and state government have made the process easy to take gas connections.

Those present on the occasion Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi Palamu MP VD Ram and many MLAs. During the function apart from the second refill of cylinder deeds and assets was distributed among beneficiaries of various schemes.

-------Trending Video------

 

DGP MV RAO से Reporter Post की खास बातचीत, नकस्लियों के लिए डीजीपी ने कह दी बड़ी बात
Follow Us
Read Reporter Post ePaper
--Advertisement--
Weather & Air Quality across Jharkhand