Dumka (RP Service): A passenger bus on its way to Deoghar suddenly caught fire following which one of the youths broke open the window panes and helped the travelers get down. The youth Sanjay Kumar himself sustained burn injuries while trying to save the fellow passengers after which he was sent to Sadar Hospital for treatment.
Police said that the incident took place at Babupur. Travelers said that suddenly from the engine of the bus smoke started coming out after which Sanjay broke open the window panes of the emergency gate and helped the people come down. The personnel posted at the nearby petrol pump also came in with their fire extinguishers which helped to douse the flames and prevent any untoward incident.