Lohardaga: Nearly 40 children fell ill after consuming spurious Prashad at a private school located on Lohardaga Bhandara Road at Inta village. After consuming the Prasad which was served on the occasion of Saraswati Puja the children started vomiting blood after which 7 of them were immediately rushed to the Sadar Hospital while remaining were also soon brought to the hospital by their parents complaining of vomiting and nausea.
Dr SS Khalid and Dr Sanjay Prasad who treated the children at the Sadar Hospital said that all of them are aged between 4 to 12 years. Civil Surgeon Dr Vijay Kumar upon receiving information also rush to the spot. He said that it appears to be a case of food poisoning and said that necessary medicines have been given to the children and they have been kept under the observation of the doctors.He said that since the children were brought to the hospital on time there were no life was lost however their situation is still not out of danger.