Ranchi: Minister CP Singh said that FIR would be registered against 6 companies along with 18 engineers who were involved in power theft in the East Singhbhum district of the state. Raising the matter JVM (P) MLA Pradeep Yadav pointed out that 36 companies from January 1, 2015, to December 31, 2018, had been dealt in power theft of rupees 400 crores.
He said that when the issue was raised then the then CMD Nitin Madan Kulkarni had ordered a probe and despite the probe no action was taken on the companies and the engineers, on the other hand, one of the engineers KK Verma was promoted as Executive Director and demanded that within 24 hours FIR should be registered and pointed that the government registers cases on small people immediately but big ones are left out.
Replying over the issue Mr Singh said that the matter was not related to theft of rupees 400 crore but as per the SIT report it was related to rupees 7.96 crore he said that following then trip report of the SIT it was ordered to take departmental action against the 18 engineers on which Mr Yadav said that no matter what the difference was but during the period the companies committed power theft of rupees 400 crore.
The Minister said that on the basis of their SIT report action could be taken on all the culprits whether it was the company officials or the engineers who are involved in this act. Intervening in the debate senior JMM MLA Stephen Marandi said that if the government keeps replying like this then it was not possible to work further as the issue is related to the entire state and was not confined to the opposition or the ruling benches.