Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das categorically said that it has no plans to increase the reservation for the OBCs
from the present 14 percent to 27 percent in the state. The response from the Chief Minister followed after JVM(P) MLA Pradeep Yadav raised a question during the Chief Minister’s question hour in the ongoing Budget Session of the Jharkhand Assembly asking whether the government has plans to increase the OBC quota for the community.
Mr Yadav in his question said that since the government has already announced to provide 10 percent reservation in the general category to the economically weak so whether it has also plans to increase the OBC reservation to 27 percent. He also pointed that in many districts of the state while there was no place for OBC reservation while in others it was very less. Replying over the issue the Chief Minister said that for the last 67 years no one worried about economically weak in the general category and it was Prime Minister Narendra Modi who gave the 10 percent reservation to the ‘swarnas’ in the general category and the same would be implemented in the state as the BJP does not indulge in any vote bank politics.
However, as far as the question of OBC was concerned the state government has no plans of hiking the reservation quota. The Chief Minister also pointed out that Mr Yadav had himself served as a cabinet minister during the tenure of Babulal Marandi and at that time he did not worry about the OBCs. On this Mr. Yadav pointed that during his tenure the government had approved a proposal in this regard but the same was turned down by the High Court.
BJP MLA from Rajmahal Anant Ojha raised the question over the entry of illegal Bangladeshi migrants in Sahibganj and Pakur district who were not only impacting the social structure of the area but their influx has resulted in the increase of the crime rate and demanded that NRC updating work in the area be sped up. Over this the Chief Minister said that on two previous occasions the state government has already written to the Union Home Ministry over the issue and assured the house that the matter will be once again taken up with the Central Home Ministry.
JMM MLA from Dumri Jaggarnath Mahto demanded that Bermo sub division be made a district as an announcement in this regard was also made by the Chief Minister in September last year. Over this Mr Das said any decision over the creation of a new district is taken following a report received from the DC and divisional commissioner of the area which is later forwarded to the committee headed by the Chief Secretary at the state level and then only a final decision is taken.
Congress MLA from Jamtara Irfan Ansari raised the question of nonpayment of teachers teaching in government madrassas in the state over which Mr Das said that his government does not work for vote bank politics and is following the mantra of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’. He pointed out that Madrassas which will fulfill the criteria’s as laid down by the government they will only be paid money or else no financial assistance would be given. He said that at present teachers in 57 madrassas were being paid and 10 other madrassas in Santhal Pargana have also fulfilled the eligibility and they too would be soon provided the money as the process was currently on. A total of 10 questions were taken up by the Chief Minister during the question hour which is held on every Monday when the house is in session.