Latehar: Three members of a family including father and son were killed as they came in contact with poisonous gas inside a well located at Palhe Tola of Balu Panchayat under Balumath block of this district on Thursday.
Among the deceased included father and son and nephew. The deceased have been identified as Simon Toppo (45) his son Ashish Toppo (15) and Anup Toppo (26) who was the nephew of Simon Toppo.
Eyewitnesses said that the trio were irrigating their fields for which they had put a pump in a 20 feet deep well however there was only five feet of water in the well. During the irrigation when the water was finished Ashish went inside the well to take out the pump however he fell unconscious, after seeing his son become unconscious Simon also went inside the well and he did not come out. Soon Anup also went inside the well to take out the father and son but unfortunately, he too fell unconscious.
When the villagers got to know about the incident they immediately rushed at the spot and took out the trio from the well. They were later taken to the hospital where all of them were declared dead by the doctors.